black kettle wma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosedestroyer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
About anywhere on units at B.K. are good as long as you scout and finding where the birds are at. But I am telling you that the hunting pressure there is high during Spring Turkey season and usually pretty crowd on the opening day thru about the middle of April. And you may run into several hunters there; just like deer hunting on public.

There will be four or five of us going to B.K. next week.. :rubhands:

cptnhowdy138

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the info. I expect to run into a couple of hunters out there. I have only been turkey hunting once on private land but do other hunters care if you run and gun (walk and call) ? Or are you supposed to just sit and hope you have a good spot? Also what the hell is conventional bb .180? Is thag like the target load you can get at wal-mart 100 for 25$ ?

cptnhowdy138

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would scout but i live in okc. I dont feel like driving 3 hours to look for signs of birds. I plan on scouting when i get there to find a spot for next year. I was just asking for a little help

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Conventional BB is comparable to the BB you shot in a Red Ryder BB gun. You will find Turkey shotgun shells usually in a 10 shell box. (12 gauge options are 2.75, 3, and 3.5 inch long) Common shot sizes are 4, 5, or 6. Duplex loads with a mix of 4 shot and 6 shot are sometimes found as well. A 3" of #5's or 6's should get the job done just fine. Check the pattern with shells and choke before hand at 35-40 yards.
You will find turkey hunters that sit and call and some that run and gun. But keep in mind, be respectful of other hunters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom