One of my bosses just asked me to procure 200 "No Guns Allowed" signs for our stores.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silveravnt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked "What is this all about all of a sudden". I was told that with all of the open carry laws being considered right now we don't want people bringing guns into our stores. When I asked "What are we trying to accomplish by not letting people bring guns into our stores?". I was told that guns make some people uncomfortable and we want our customers to be comfortable in our stores.
I responded with "You know what makes me uncomfortable? The thought of being disarmed and getting into a situation where i need to defend myself or my family".

Have any of you ever seen a sign that said "No Weapons Allowed, except in compliance with Oklahoma TITLE 21 § 1290.1". I was thinking that might be a nice compromise.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would make the signs say "No guns allowed because we have decided to provide police protection at all times in all of our stores, and if you get injured by a criminal while in our stores, we will cover all your medical bills." That's just me though.

Silveravnt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
And your employer is? Just want to know so he doesn't get comfortable with my money should I find myself in his facility. Money talks... signs don't.

Yeah. I'll not be typing that as long as I'm employed. I kind of like the checks they give me even if I don't agree with a few of the management.

Anybody here want to help? What I'd like to propose to management is some fine print excluding those with OSDA permits from the No Weapons rule. Does anyone have experience with this or seen it done before?

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never heard of a "except in compliance of Oklahoma TITLE 21 § 1290.1" sign.

+1. Need to know what the name of this business is, so me, my friends and family don't waste any money there.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have any of you ever seen a sign that said "No Weapons Allowed, except in compliance with Oklahoma TITLE 21 § 1290.1". I was thinking that might be a nice compromise.

+2
This says, bad guys or those acting illegally with weapons should stay away because we welcome law abiding citizens who have guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom