Top Shot 1000 Yard Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off let me just say wow. What was the winning time? 24-26 sec? That's freaken amazing.

Second. Is it really that easy to walk up to that rifle and put a round with in 10 feet of a 30" target at 1000 yards on your first shot? Or like George did, with one shot hit the target?

I've never attempted anything like that but I would think it would be very hard to do that will all the wind and with out some instruction on where to hold. Or could those guys just be that bad ass?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off let me just say wow. What was the winning time? 24-26 sec? That's freaken amazing.

Second. Is it really that easy to walk up to that rifle and put a round with in 10 feet of a 30" target at 1000 yards on your first shot? Or like George did, with one shot hit the target?

I've never attempted anything like that but I would think it would be very hard to do that will all the wind and with out some instruction on where to hold. Or could those guys just be that bad ass?

I TIVO'd it last night and haven't watched it yet so don't know the specifics, but:

IF you have the correct ballistic data for your ammo / weapon AND you are capable of executing a proper sight picture, alignment and trigger squeeze AND you are able to properly dope the wind / mirage, then YES you can hit the target first shot. Come out to Tulsa Red Castle for one of the 1000 yard matches (next one is July 30) and see, it's fun and educational and you'll get to meet some great local shooters who are capable of the same thing too.

Remember... George is an AF Sniper too. This is exactly what he is trained to do.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks George is an a$$? Great shot he made, no question, but according to the rules laid down, he didn't win. He always ridicules & makes fun of others, but then whines when it doesn't go his way. He was not only not the winner, but the numbers I saw made him 3rd!

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks George is an a$$? Great shot he made, no question, but according to the rules laid down, he didn't win. He always ridicules & makes fun of others, but then whines when it doesn't go his way. He was not only not the winner, but the numbers I saw made him 3rd!

my thoughts exactly!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Based only on what they decide to show via editing, I certainly don't care for him either. I sincerely hope that he is a better guy in person and as a whole.

Remember, this is a competition too so that may be the way he plays the game.

[edit] oh and Ps. I do hope he goes soon too regardless :)

Last edited:

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Weapon had to be dialed in beforehand unless they gave him time to get his dope. The drop on a 175gr 308 bullet is approx. 32 feet at 1k depending on velocity.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based only on what they decide to show via editing, I certainly don't care for him either. I sincerely hope that he is a better guy in person and as a whole.

Remember, this is a competition too so that may be the way he plays the game.

[edit] oh and Ps. I do hope he goes soon too regardless :)

Yep! Right now he appears to be intimidating all the others and calling the shots, other than the one guy that survived elimination. It'll be interesting to see if the others start to clearly think for themselves, or if they will be like sheep to a slaughter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom