Survival Rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuTau007

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I'm wanting to grab a survival rifle to throw in a backpack for hiking and to have in the truck on road trips etc...

I'm looking at:
AR-7, keltek 2000 .40, marlin 70pss papoose

Any thoughts on these? AND you know anywhere in the okc metro that has any of them?

GlockedandLoaded

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i actually have a keltec .40 in my BOB bag. along with a 31 round mag and 2 15 rounders. folds up to 16" but i also carry a glock 23 so it works out well.
i struggled with this choice because of the obvious advantage of the .22 perhaps if i has a folding or smaller rifle id reconsider. but since its really only gonna be a 3 day pack i went with .40

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AR-7's don't have a very good rep for reliablity or user friendliness. If you want one though, Big Boys had at least a couple in stock last I was there.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh and another good option would be to pick up a pre 64 takedown winchester. Wouldn't be .22 but if you happen to come across one, then that would be a hell of a survival rifle.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So I'm wanting to grab a survival rifle to throw in a backpack for hiking and to have in the truck on road trips etc...

I'm looking at:
AR-7, keltek 2000 .40, marlin 70pss papoose

Any thoughts on these? AND you know anywhere in the okc metro that has any of them?

One place you might try, he had a few recently, www.summitgunbroker.com Mark Kitterman is top notch on his deals.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Those were cool rifles till they had to lawyer up and put that stupid trigger guard on it. It defeats the purpose of being able to fold it completely in half. You can by one and "Fitz special" it.

AU_K9s

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AU_K9,

What do those rifle go for price wise? Looks like a very robust and simple design.

On gunbroker, $500 and up.

Here is mine:
ai51.tinypic.com_2ch3rww.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom