F150 Ecoboost Engine, Infomercial on KFOR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
gawddangit. i saw that that was coming on and wanted to watch it, but i started cleaning up the pantry and missed it. surely it will be on again.

It would be worth taking a look. If they would warranty every engine for the abuse they put this one engine through, then it would be golden. If it works then ford may own the light truck market in the near future

I said infomercial because I didn't know any other way to describe it. They were obviously trying to sell the product but it wasn't the classic design of those types of sales pitches.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That Eco boost is putting out some impressive numbers for a 6 cylinder turbo engine. Only time will tell on its success. Its a complete paradigm shift for light duty truck engines designed for towing. The testing they have done, if not influenced by the marketing department, show this to be a true contender and the problem solver for those that want to tow heavy items but still get decent mileage without a large 3/4 ton truck.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have driven a few eco-boost vehicles but not in the truck yet, they are pretty impressive engines. Ford lined up the Eco-Boost against a 5.3 Chevy and 5.7 Hemi for comparo's and it outperformed both of them empty, loaded and trailering on flat ground and inclines. With this engine making its debut, I also think the new 5.0 and 6.2's are pretty impressive engines also, definitely a step up from the 4.6/5.4's.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks good. I was always happy with my 5.4 except for the mileage. I'm just not sure I can get over the idea of not having a V8 in my truck though...

Latest posts

Top Bottom