Is an empty keg worth anything?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Must be aluminum - a magnet would stick to stainless right?

The labels from the place that they came from are still on top - don't you have to pay a deposit on these things? I wonder if I take them back if I can get the deposit? I don't know how that works - I'm not a drinker.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Must be aluminum - a magnet would stick to stainless right?

The labels from the place that they came from are still on top - don't you have to pay a deposit on these things? I wonder if I take them back if I can get the deposit? I don't know how that works - I'm not a drinker.

They probably won't give you a deposit back if you don't have a receipt. There are a bunch of ways you can reuse old kegs. So, I would say let someone here get them rather than scrap them.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How did you acquire kegs and how many of them? We use them for workouts and they aren't easy to come by.

Just 2 of them, some neighbors threw them out when they cleaned out their garage – speaking of work outs… there's a weight bench over there too that looks like it's pretty sturdy built and in usable condition if anyone is looking for one.

In Tulsa the deposit is about $40 each. I would take them back to the place on the label. (Or at least call them.)

Sweet - that'd be great. I'm calling them tomorrow. That's probably the right thing to do anyway - I have been doing some internet research on them and apparently they can cost the retailers 100-150 bucks to replace. So they may want them back and if there's a $40 deposit on them I will gladly drive them on over.

Most scrap yards won't take them because people steal them. I bought the last one I got for $9.
If you want to sell it, PM me and maybe we can work something out.
I'm going to call the place they came from and if they aren't interested I'll post em up in the classifieds -I'll be sure to PM you and B96Brig first.

With a little work, one can make a really nice portable BBQ grill out of one for tailgating.
Sounds like it'd be cool looking but I just picked them up because I thought I might turn a buck on them. I don't want to have to do work - LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom