Is an empty keg worth anything?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Must be aluminum - a magnet would stick to stainless right?

There are both magnetic and non-magnetic stainless steels. Theres a large range of stainless steels and refers to those with like 11% chromium properties or somewhere thereabouts that gives its stainless properties. The most common stainless steels have nickel added and that gives it its non-magnetic properties.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That'd be a mistake - there's already a little splashing around in the bottom of each of them and if the labels are accurate it has been in there since last year. These things will need a good cleaning before they can be used.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's full of tannerite and you have the range & rifle to shoot it, it would have an awesome value!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.... if only they WERE filled with tannerite - that would be awesome. I have only seen the youtube vids, I still haven't had the opportunity to shoot any tannerite targets myself.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That'd be a mistake - there's already a little splashing around in the bottom of each of them and if the labels are accurate it has been in there since last year. These things will need a good cleaning before they can be used.

All of the ones I've bought had beer left in them from a long time back. When you pop the snap ring and remove the valve you're greeted with one of the most disgusting smells you'll ever enjoy. That crap is nasty!

okieboomer1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ai1110.photobucket.com_albums_h445_okieboomer1_newstill.jpg

That all depends a your perspective...some copper tubing, corn mash, water, and heat...it can definitly be worth something....

Latest posts

Top Bottom