Google's Easter homepage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, not that it's a big deal, but I sometimes enjoy the variations on Google's homepage on holidays. You know, Marie Curie's Birthday, Kwanza, Flag Day and crap like that.

Most major holidays are given this treatment, and even a whole slew of minor ones.

Today is Easter; a major Christian holiday. No acknowledgement at all.

Now, it may seem petty, and I'm certainly not looking for a reason to get butthurt; but the omission reeks of multinationalism and political correctness.

Anyone with me, or should I just shuttup and color?

FlimFlam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They actually don't do religious holidays, even Kwanzaa. They do a "Happy Holidays" around Christmas.

You can look up all the special logos they've used since back to '98 here.

Nothing to get upset over. Happy Easter!

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
meh. first, it's a company so it can do whatever it wants and can choose to acknowledge or not acknowledge anything it wants.

Second, i don't think they make an effort to include every holiday, for any religion. I don't think there was a passover one this year. Also, which image to go with? I suspect people would be equally offended if google had put up something with bunnies.

Finally, does it really matter? Does having or not having an image on the google homepage really make or break easter for people?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually do find it pretty offensive.

Just as recently as March 20th, they put up a graphic celebrating Holi Festival which is a spring religious festival in Hinduism.

Ya, they can choose what they want to put up and what they don't want to... it's purely their choice. That doesn't make it right though.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually do find it pretty offensive.

Just as recently as March 20th, they put up a graphic celebrating Holi Festival which is a spring religious festival in Hinduism.

Ya, they can choose what they want to put up and what they don't want to... it's purely their choice. That doesn't make it right though.

They also did St Patrick's... Damn those Catholic loving bastards!

And on Dec 6th, they did St Nicholas's day.

It isnt that bad,... lighten up people.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This morning Michael Bloomberg was on Fox News Sunday. When the interview was over he shook Wallace's hand and wished him a happy Pass Over! Sheeesh. What next?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not getting all crazy about it... I just find it ironic and offensive. It is kind of a big deal to me when they purposefully snub Easter.

Meanwhile they celebrate:

Day of the Dead
Halloween
Rube Goldberg's Birthday? along with Independance Day (They call it Happy 4th of July)
Earth Day get's billing EVERY YEAR
April Fool's Day EVERY YEAR

etc...

It's just another example of something they could easily do and chose not to for whatever reasons. I don't get offended when they celebrate all of the other worldly things or other religions. I just think it's sad.

I'll go back to coloring.

Latest posts

Top Bottom