Good news and bad news today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll start with the bad news, as it is causing me some concern. One of my pretty good friends and a fellow submariner lives in Birmingham, Alabama, which got slammed today by tornadoes. I'm waiting to hear back from him and hope to soon.

The good news pales in comparison, but I'm finally going to be back in the ranks of the employed. The apprentice machinist job I interviewed for last week called to let me know they wanted me for the job, so after a year of not working, and 7 years of not working in a civilian environment, I'm back in the grind!

I couldn't have asked for a better job though, each time I make something, it's for a new project. No cut and paste machinist operations, making the same part over and over thousands of times. I was also extremely impressed with the business, how it's ran, and the service they provide in their sector.

And yep, I can't gripe about oil/gas prices now, because I'm working in that market.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll start with the bad news, as it is causing me some concern. One of my pretty good friends and a fellow submariner lives in Birmingham, Alabama, which got slammed today by tornadoes. I'm waiting to hear back from him and hope to soon.

The good news pales in comparison, but I'm finally going to be back in the ranks of the employed. The apprentice machinist job I interviewed for last week called to let me know they wanted me for the job, so after a year of not working, and 7 years of not working in a civilian environment, I'm back in the grind!

I couldn't have asked for a better job though, each time I make something, it's for a new project. No cut and paste machinist operations, making the same part over and over thousands of times. I was also extremely impressed with the business, how it's ran, and the service they provide in their sector.

And yep, I can't gripe about oil/gas prices now, because I'm working in that market.

we got hit with that same storm earlier today. I grew up in OK and this storm still made me anxious. hoping for the best for your friend.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we got hit with that same storm earlier today. I grew up in OK and this storm still made me anxious. hoping for the best for your friend.

Thanks donner! Just heard back from him a few seconds ago and so far he and his family are safe. Quite a few friends with home damage though. That's one reason I'm very thankful of modern technology, as I didn't have his number, just had him on facebook.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on the new job and glad your buddy is safe too. I haven't seen the news reports but have heard it on the radio all day about the damage and death there...

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Doug, on both counts. They showed pictures of Tuscaloosa(IIRC) on the news, hit that town pretty hard. I think tomorrow will have some pretty rough news for them all.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks man. Yeah, that's true, but I've also ran up a good bill on Civil War period artillery items that she doesn't know about yet, and now I'm going to have to rush home from the new job for 2 weeks until they're all accounted for. . .What's the old saying? It's easier to ask forgiveness than get permission? It's easier for me to forgive her after she's beaned me in the head with the skillet after I ask for forgiveness. . .lol. It's not like I'm not going to pay them off myself, but she just doesn't see it that way hehe.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks man. Yeah, that's true, but I've also ran up a good bill on Civil War period artillery items that she doesn't know about yet, and now I'm going to have to rush home from the new job for 2 weeks until they're all accounted for. . .What's the old saying? It's easier to ask forgiveness than get permission? It's easier for me to forgive her after she's beaned me in the head with the skillet after I ask for forgiveness. . .lol. It's not like I'm not going to pay them off myself, but she just doesn't see it that way hehe.

Oh Josh... if you like Civil War period artillery items, I have something for you. I'll make it reasonably priced too to keep you out of troulbe :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom