Hog hunting near Stillwater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not many hogs around Stillwater. I know our two places have none. And the other places I have permission to hunt have none. (THANK GOD). Someone on here correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there are a few along the Cimmaron River near Perkins?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was coming back from Ada awhile back(last year) on HW177, south of Stillwater. I can't remember the name of the town, but its where there is a big tractor salvage. I saw three adult, and 5 little ones in a pasture 2 miles north of there.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea Dennis that would be Carney. There are hogs north of Carney which would be the Cimmaron River area. I know we have guys on the job that was taking hogs along the river several years ago.There has also been hogs taken this past year about 3 or 4 miles North of Stillwater along Long Branch Creek.

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
264 is correct, closest public area with hogs is Keystone WMA.. All the land around perkins and carney is private land.. There's a hog hunting ranch in pawnee if that interests you..

If you meet the right person that has some land its easy to get permisson to hunt pigs, no farmer in this state wants them on their land..

I got these two about 2 miles from where dennis was talking about..

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii240_brian8903_pig.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii240_brian8903_DSC01695.jpg

both these were shot with an sks.. the sow had a blood trail a blind man could follow.. and the boar died in sight..

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yea Dennis that would be Carney. There are hogs north of Carney which would be the Cimmaron River area. I know we have guys on the job that was taking hogs along the river several years ago.There has also been hogs taken this past year about 3 or 4 miles North of Stillwater along Long Branch Creek.

who do you work for viking?? I'm from perkins..

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brian, I'm thinking you would know who I was talking about taking the hogs along the river a few years ago..I've worked at Sooner for 32 years..I've known your Dad for a lot of those years...Kind of watch all yawl grow up over the years..It's been great.......Viking.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom