Who owns cats?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So do cats really catch mice or is that just a fairy tale? I've never had a cat. My wife has never had a cat. I'm not really a fan of cats. But we have a mouse problem. We moved in here last summer and noticed we had mice showing up. I killed I think 4 last summer and fall. We went several months without seeing any. Now we saw another one last night. And I've heard it in the kitchen late at night over the past 2 weeks. We live next to a large horse pasture and the guy behind us has a big lot with a huge pond on it. It's country enough that I think mice are just going to be around, but I don't want them in the house. So if we bought a cat, would it actaully do any good?

flowers

Marksman
Reaction score
My wife has 2 cats and they will bring you a dead mouse every now and again, I never see live mice around so they must be doing a good job. She also feeds a couple strays outside and they leave birds/mice/moles near the door.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
#1 - Nobody owns a cat. They will always do whatever the f@(# they want no matter what. They have the conscience of a pimp.

#2 - No need to buy a cat. Seems like someone at work is always trying to give kittens away or you can get one at the animal shelter that is already neutered.

We always have cats. Some are better mousers than others. A neutered cat will stay closer and they will hunt better if you don't feed them too much. Of course, our cats are overfed and fat & lazy.

Cedar Creek

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want to leave poison out and we have to hide the traps like behind the refrigerator. I have a weenie dog (the wife's), an inside Doberman and a 4 year old. I don't want anything to happen to the last two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom