Selling guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullittstang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to go about legally selling a gun. I have never done it before, but I am thinking about selling a couple of mine to get another gun that I really want. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jason

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a face to face transaction (FTF) Joker has it right, don't be afraid to give them a recept if they want one, that can be as easy as a hand written note with date, serial number and your contact info.

If the gun is registered to you then don't be afraid to ask for a recept with their personal contact info.

(in Oklahoma we don't register guns we just have to do the brady background paperwork if you are buying a gun from an FFL holder)

I deal in guns both as a buyer and seller and in Oklahoma you can sell as a private citizen to anyone that you are sure is over 21 and don't suspect they are a fellon.

If you want to sell to someone in another city it is not difficult either, you can ship a shotgun or rifle to anyone in Oklahoma through UPS or Fed-ex without paperwork The exception is a pistol and you need to ship that to an FFL holder.

Outside of Oklahoma you need to have an FFL holder ship to another FFL holder and have your buyer pick it up from them, Any gun shop has an FFL license and most will ship, most on this form ship cheap.

Give me a PM with what you want and what you have and I may be able to take your guns in on trade for the one you want.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to go about legally selling a gun. I have never done it before, but I am thinking about selling a couple of mine to get another gun that I really want. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jason

Well, so whattya got ya wanna sell?

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What Honeybee said except you don't have to use a FFL to ship a handgun within Oklahoma. You can also ship rifles and shotguns within OK through the Post office cheaper than Fed-ex or UPS. The only exception is that you can not ship hand guns through the Post Office, they must go through UPS or fed-ex and then they will charge you to ship them Next day Air, which may then be cheaper to have a FFL ship it since they can use the Post Office to ship handguns. Anything that goes out of state must go through a FFL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom