TAPCO AK G2 Trigger Group

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I installed one in my saiga about two years ago. They are a big improvement over most stock ak triggers. Mine has a pretty smooth trigger pull. They are very easy but you need to pay attention to how the hammer-sprig is positioned on the hammer and how to route the shepherd's hook (pin retaining spring).
Basically, you field strip, remove the shepherd's hook (retaining spring), remove the safety lever, and ten pull the trigger-group pins out the side of the receiver. The fire control group then kinda "falls out". Check out one of the many youtube videos available on installing an ak FCG and you should have no trouble.

I noticed that the link you referenced above is for a double-hook G2 set. Some Ak's use double hooks and some (if not most) use single hook FCG's. Make sure you order the right one for your Ak. You can look at the bottom of your receiver where the trigger exits and see if it has one or two slots (google search for pics on what to look for.)

One other personal suggestion. Since you're going to have the FCG out anyway, it might be a good time to replace the shepherd's hook with a retaining plate. The stock shepherd's hook can be a pain to get back into position. The retaining plate makes it a lot easier to reassemble the FCG and supposedly is less prone to failure. I believe Tapco and Kvar make versions of the retaining plate.

Hope this helps you out!

Latest posts

Top Bottom