"Compliance is safer than confrontation"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was the response Walgreens gave in reply to my email regarding their firing of an employee who prevented a crime, and likely murders of the employees, by using his concealed carry weapon. I love this moronic catch phrase "Compliance is safer than confrontation". Maybe they should offer that little nugget to the families of the 33 people who "complied" at Virginia Tech. Or to the victims families of the Columbine tragedy. Or to the families of the 4 employees at the Lee's Chicken restaurant in Tulsa who "complied" and were led into the back room ordered onto their knees facing the wall and murdered execution style. Or to the hundreds of others who have complied only to end up dead in countless other examples.

At least this just confirms my plan to NEVER set foot in a Walgreens again.

May 19, 2011

Dear Jason,
Thank you for contacting Walgreens regarding this matter. Our policies in this area are designed to maintain the maximum safety of our customers and employees.Store employees receive comprehensive training on our company’s robbery procedures and how to react and respond to a potential robbery situation. In past incidents, employees have told us they’ve found this training effective.These policies and training programs are endorsed by law enforcement, which strongly advises against confrontation of crime suspects.Compliance is safer than confrontation. Through this practice, we have been able to maintain an exemplary record of safety.We’ve made significant investments in security technology in recent years, including increasing the number of digital surveillance cameras at our stores.With upgrades to security technology, we are able to provide police with high-resolution photographs and video of crime suspects.We continue to invest in state-of-the-art security measures and high-definition surveillance equipment and hope that the apprehension of robbery suspects in the Benton Harbor area will prevent future crimes. Thank you for contacting Walgreens to share your comments."

Sincerely,
Barbara S
Consumer Response Representative

Ref # 3084471

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a whole, in the society in which we live, compliance is safer than confrontation.

Has worked well for many totalitarian governments over the last 100 years or so, too. By the attitude displayed by our own, I think they're counting on it here as well. And it's working for the most part.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
But really, Compliance only ensures victimization. What is up with our society where a trained over and over to be compliant victims? It's dumb!

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe we should just walk down the streets and hand our wallets over to every thug and gang banger we see as we walk by. What happens when we run out and they're disappointed?

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, new cameras don't do much in the middle of the situation. If somebody pulled a weapon on me, they already decided they could kill me, and I am ok with another person using their CCW to try and help me/possibly save my life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom