Gun safe in Tulsa and a few legal questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsj11

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Moving to Tulsa soon from TX, trying to get my laws in check.

First, are there any laws on high capacity magazines?

Are there any steps I need to take in order to bring (move) multiple guns with me when I move other than transport them unloaded and in my trunk? I have a TX CHL (CCW) so I will carry pistols loaded.

Last, where is a good place to purchase a gun safe in Tulsa. Shipping seems to be outrageous, so I'd like to buy a 10 gun fire-rated safe in the $500-700 range, can anyone suggest a good local place to shop?

Thanks!

thesensei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are no hi-cap limits. Your transport plan is legal, as long as they remain concealed - OK laws are similar to TX regarding transport when you have a CHL. Rifles can be magazine loaded, chamber empty ("cruiser-ready"). Of course, when you become an OK resident (live here for 30 days/get an OK DL), you will then have to get your OK CHL, and yes, you will have to take the OK class!

You can also check out Academy Sports and Bass Pro for safes.

Good luck on your move, and welcome to the forum!

rsj11

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course, when you become an OK resident (live here for 30 days/get an OK DL), you will then have to get your OK CHL, and yes, you will have to take the OK class!
(I found this on the TX DPS site)
FAQ "If I am a college student and attend school out of state, do I have to turn in my license to DPS or change my home address? No. If you are merely attending a university in another state, you may keep your permanent address on your concealed handgun license..."

It seems that Oklahoma will honor any VALID permit from TX, and because of the above quote, I should be good-to-go.

Thanks everyone, I have written down each of the places you have mentioned!!!!!:thanku:

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So are you moving up here or just going to school? If you just going to school, you are fine, if you are moving up here, you need a new license.

rsj11

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So are you moving up here or just going to school? If you just going to school, you are fine, if you are moving up here, you need a new license.

Yep! Moving to go to TU for grad school. Keeping all official documents from TX including address. I'll get all OK licenses and whatnot if I stay, otherwise I'll be going back to TX.

minman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do not need to get a new Oklahoma CHL permit when moving from Texas. Oklahoma honors ALL valid CHL permits. Texas permits are valid as non-resident permits. I moved here from Texas 5 years ago and checked with the SDA office twice just to make sure I was ok with using my Texas CHL. Never had any problems with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom