Finally bought a hand gun (new here to by the way)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtomicVette

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
Just picked up a Kahr PM45 with tritium sights. Put 50 rounds through it tonight before the range closed. I chose this gun due to its very compact size and for CCW. The wife doesn't like it because she says it's to rough on her hands haha. But for some reason I like the way it feels and shoots. I shot a few other guns, but kept coming back and looking at the Kahr.

Anyway, this is the first gun I've owned, so I got a lot of learning to do. Just figured I'd say hi, and get started in the community.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
Just picked up a Kahr PM45 with tritium sights. Put 50 rounds through it tonight before the range closed. I chose this gun due to its very compact size and for CCW. The wife doesn't like it because she says it's to rough on her hands haha. But for some reason I like the way it feels and shoots. I shot a few other guns, but kept coming back and looking at the Kahr.

Anyway, this is the first gun I've owned, so I got a lot of learning to do. Just figured I'd say hi, and get started in the community.

Welcome to OSA. There is a wealth of info available here and some really good people too. You just have to wade through a bit of BS occasionally and make your own decisions, as in many things. You picked a lightweight little hand-cannon for sure in that Kahr PM45 for your first gun; and I am really not surprised that the wife doesn't like it. Mine doesn't like to shoot anything but a lil old .22, but I have convinced her that she needs to stay this side of familiar with her .38 revolver and my Glock 19 anyway. She has fired exactly one round from my G36, (also a .45 acp) and said not only no, but h*ll no! If she's even remotely interested in the shooting sports or in self defense or CCW, let her decide what she likes...or else she won't practice with it and or carry it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom