Folks On Food Stamps Have Good & Expensive Tastes When it Comes to Food.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodoleboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guy on another forum found this receipt in the parking lot of his local grocery store..Apparently the food was paid for with some type of food stamp..Lobsters & Porterhouse steaks, nummy!..

At least they got soda that was on sale.

[Broken External Image]

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forget food stamps...I watched "extreme couponing" last night, and this lady bought $1,300 worth of groceries and when she used all the coupons, her total was -$0.31. Now that's knowing how to shop!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forget food stamps...I watched "extreme couponing" last night, and this lady bought $1,300 worth of groceries and when she used all the coupons, her total was -$0.31. Now that's knowing how to shop!

Imagine being stuck in line behind this woman at the checkout counter. You'd be there a while unless you jumped lines. What of the poor checker who had to deal with that kind of couponing?? ;)

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do you care? If they spend their money on that and don't have any for the rest of the month, they are in the same boat we are. Why do we feel like if we extend charity or fund a food stamp program they need to eat beans and cornbread every day? I have better things to do than monitor what a food stamp recipient buys and whine about it. And no, I have never had to be on public assistance, but am glad it is out there for those that need it. Who knows, or who cares, it could be a party, and people on assistance have just as much right to splurge as someone that isn't.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Imagine being stuck in line behind this woman at the checkout counter. You'd be there a while unless you jumped lines. What of the poor checker who had to deal with that kind of couponing?? ;)[/QUOTE

You don't have to wait behind them and every job has negative points. Don't blame them for taking the time to save their money.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was turned in, and the guy that purchased the items has been charged as he resold them.

Don't have the link, it was in the post that Tom talked about on GarageJournal...

ETA link

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20110607/NEWS01/106070329/-1/RSS13

And I care because this is a sign of abuse of the system, it is MY money, taken from MY paycheck that is used to fund these programs, I care ALOT. I know there are legit users of the assistance, and there are abuses, I want the abuses to stop, and I want the folks on assistance to have a plan to get off of it, there is no incentive to get off though.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

OHHHHHH ... don't think I haven't been working on this ... We don't have some of the stores that are really good to shop at (Meyers or Publix) but Homeland is workable, as is CVS and Walgreens ... I wanna take a trip to Publix (closest one is in Alabama) for vacation ... lol

I've been doing CVS for a while now ... In fact I think I posted a thread on it a year or two ago. But the folks on that show make me look downright shabby ... so ... I've been studying them ... and the blogs and coupon sites ... of which there are more than a bazillon ...

I'll let ya'll know when I decide I'm ready to give it a go.

ETA: One of the shows participants (J'aime) was charged with coupon fraud after her segment aired. There are ways to play the system but there was documentation that she used coupons for items different than what she bought ... something about how bar codes are set up. I went back and watched her segment several times ... sure enough ... What a dunce! They never would have caught her if she hadn't let them film her doing it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom