Was " Brushy Bill Roberts" really "Billy the Kid" ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw a tv show on this, they superimposed pictures of the kid and brushy bill on top of each other. Several key features of identification did not match.

FWIW

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is ample evidence that he was not, in my opinion it outweighs the anecdotle evidence that he was.

1. ole Brushy claimed to be other outlaws in his younger days before he settled on Billy.
2. Facial recognition software says he is not a match to the only known photo of Billy.
3. Billy's surviving pals said Brushy was full of it back in the day, after they met him.
4. ole Brushy's relatives said he was full of it, and was much younger than Billy by his own Birth Certificate.
5. ole Brushy claimed to be a lefty to match the common misconception that Billy was a lefty. Tin types are reverse images, and it's now widely known that billy was right handed, per the tin type photo.

Unfortunately, DNA analysis cannot be done, because the bone yard billy was interned in has been hit by grave exhuming flash floods at least twice, and the reburials were done at random, so no one really knows who lies in that grave.

Its fun to believe that Billy lived out his days in Texas, but I just don't think it's so. As you research this, make sure you read as many "con" sources as "pro" sources, and then make up your mind.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You seem shocked that something like that could happen here ... on OSA ... who'da thunk it?!?!? LOL

OK ... back on track ...

I don't think they are the same person but I'll be the first to admit I could be wrong, too.

Yea, That was silly of me! Thinking anyone here could stay on topic... Including me...LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom