Mexican Home Game in Pasadena

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah. "Uniquely American". They even showed disrespect to the National Anthem. And there are those morons that think these people just want to be Americans. Wake the hell up already.

It was imperfectly odd. It was strangely unsettling. It was uniquely American.

On a balmy early Saturday summer evening, the U.S soccer team played for a prestigious championship in a U.S. stadium … and was smothered in boos.

Its fans were vastly outnumbered. Its goalkeeper was bathed in a chanted obscenity. Even its national anthem was filled with the blowing of air horns and bouncing of beach balls.

Most of these hostile visitors didn't live in another country. Most, in fact, were not visitors at all, many of them being U.S. residents whose lives are here but whose sporting souls remain elsewhere.

I got news for ya: it ain't just their "sporting souls" who's allegiance is elsewhere.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-0626-plaschke-gold-cup-20110626,0,7072114.column

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the guy who said "Shut up, YOUR team lost". It is just like when the Americans were flaunting THEIR flag. Its not a mixing pot anymore. My son and I was watching Border Wars last night when the border patrol agent was talking about all of the violence on the border that people do not know about, because the media has blacked it out and wont show it. When you are trying to push for amnesty, there are somethings people do not need to see. It may not be what is best for America, but it is alot of votes.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The behavior has gotten traction on the Internet. The typical overreaction is “(They) come here, leech off America and have the cojones to boo?” Now that’s intolerance.

The hell it is.

A more legitimate complaint would be questioning why only Americans can be ugly.
If booing a national anthem doesn’t qualify, I don’t know what does. But we’ve been conditioned not to be judgmental about such things if Americans aren’t involved. Instead of calling people out, we cater to their sensibilities.

I could substitute another word for "Americans" in these sentences, and it would be 100% correct, but 100% politically incorrect - here and worldwide. But that's a whole different (but not dissimilar) topic. The melting pot is over, folks. It died along with "representative republic".

Latest posts

Top Bottom