Birthplace of my new(to me) AK???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Folks,

I have recently acquired my first AK and was curious about it's original country of origin. It is a plain wood stocked rifle with a receiver made by ITM out of Cleveland Ohio. I know very little about the AK platform other than what I have read here and other internet sources.

Other than the serial numbers(AND ITM logo), I don't see much in the way of manufacturer's marks.

Just below the rear sight on what I think is called the trunnion are three very small circles. They are small enough that you need a magnifying glass to see what is in them.

The circle on the left appears to have a crescent moon shape.
Middle circle has what appears to be a capital letter H.
Right circle looks to have the number 25 in it.

For you AK gurus, do the three small circles I described above have any identifying info that would tell me where that rifle might have started it's life?

I found a couple of places on the internet that would lead me to believe that those marks might indicate a Hungarian or Bulgarian..

Not a big deal, but just curious...

Thanks for any help..

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
itm receivers are U.S. made generic and the other parts could be romanian,east german,yugoslav or several other countries.
a picture would be helpful to identify by barrel style, sights, gas block, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom