USSA questions / concern

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukhunter20

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got back from a couple hours at USSA. Always great to be out there, however this trip was slightly different and I thought I would ask here for some more clarification.

I planned to go out to one of the "multipurpose" ranges to get a little transition, and reloading practice in. When I went to check in, I was told that I was "encouraged" not to take my AR out to that range and instead take it to the south carbine range. I was a little confused. The front desk radioed to the range master and it was officially a no-go with taking my AR out to the "multipurpose". Now I have been a member for almost a year now and this was the first time I have ever heard of this.

I thought I would post up here to see if anyone else was told this, if it was going to be an ongoing thing, or maybe if it was for maintenance reasons.

I love the guys who run the place there, and never thought to question this until now. Thanks to the hardworking team at USSA, and for any clarification to these questions.

Reaction score
Hello, I think I can explain this to everyone.
Here at USSA we have 93 acres with 36 different bays. We have bays that are made for Pistol, bays that are made for rifle and bays that are made for shotgun.
The bays that are made for pistol are made with either paper targets with backers or steel targets that are strong enough for pistols.
The rifle bays are made for rifle and are made longer to handle the strength of the round that comes out of the rifle. They to would have paper or steel but the steel on the rifle range is a much stronger steel that can handle the force and speed that comes from the rifle ammo.
The shotgun bays are made to handle the blast of the shotgun ammo.
If there is any questions about this or any other items with the membership please feel free to contact me at USSA
I am always happy to talk to anyone about our membership and range.

Respectfully,

Linda Davis
US Shooting Academy
Membership Coordinator
918-948-7856 ext 112
"Win The Fight!"
http://www.usshootingacademy.com/
facebook.com/usshootingacademy
http://twitter.com/#!/u_s_s_a

acpjosh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The front mp bays are for static shooting only, the front bays with steel are for pistol cap only. You can shoot dynamic rifle or pistol on back. ten and none of the steel back there is rifle rated, but all bays restrict movement unless dynamic access is granted. Our concern here, is the steel, rifle steel is on south carbine and 300 and painted red all white steel is pistol only.

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
Were you wanting to shoot paper or steel Brett? They shoot the full auto 50 BMG on the MP bays so I am not sure why you couldn't shoot paper on there. Try to talk to the range master next time and let him know what your intentions are so he is clear. Sometimes things get mis construed from one individual to another. With so many people not understanding rules they are forced to play it safe rather then go back and repair stuff. Steel is the biggest concern.
Edit. Brett you have been cleared for Dynamic so let them know that and let them know you are part of training group and are wanting to practice the stuff we are teaching. You should be directed to the best bay for that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom