DHS Vouchers for car repairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Equation: More Handouts = More Votes. The next thing you know they'll be providing public transportation to their local polling place.

I can underrstand the cards being used at beauty parlors etc. If they look good, they feel good, and that helps with self-esteem. Afterall, it's not their fault they are just victims of society.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was in the Marines in S. Carolina, a woman had 18 illegitimate kids. She sued the state to build her a house and won, because all her children were wards of the state. It was the states responsibility to make sure they had proper living conditions. This was in 1986-87. oh yea she planed on having more.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been seeing a commercial the last couple of weeks: if your on Welfare or other assistance, you may qualify for a cell phone with a camera and unlimited minutes for 10 dollars a month! I stand in line at the grocery store with my cans of tuna, and a few vegetables and see healthy looking ( heavy set ) young lady with two small children buy 25 dollars worth of fiddle faddle, and slim jims with an EBT card, (not stretching the story a bit ) the only quality food in the basket was a gallon of milk! I've been working for 30 years, a lot of time at two jobs, and it really chaps my hide that the money that is taken from me goes to pay for this nonsence!

Last edited:

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a similar thing like that at a Circle-K a few weeks ago. Soda, slim-jims, chips. All expensive junk food. Boy was that woman honked off when the card did not work and the clerk discovered it was a SNAP card. That store does not accept SNAP...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a similar thing like that at a Circle-K a few weeks ago. Soda, slim-jims, chips. All expensive junk food. Boy was that woman honked off when the card did not work and the clerk discovered it was a SNAP card. That store does not accept SNAP...

I think I would've been hard pressed not to comment "Junk food for a junk life eh?" :(

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been seeing a commercial the last couple of weeks: if your on Welfare or other assistance, you may qualify for a cell phone with a camera and unlimited minutes for 10 dollars a month! I stand in line at the grocery store with my cans of tuna, and a few vegetables and see healthy looking ( heavy set ) young lady with two small children buy 25 dollars worth of fiddle faddle, and slim jims with an EBT card, (not stretching the story a bit ) the only quality food in the basket was a gallon of milk! I've been working for 30 years, a lot of time at two jobs, and it really chaps my hide that the money that is taken from me goes to pay for this nonsence!

This really irks me also. My wife comes home from the grocery store fuming mad after standing in line with her one basket of low-cost food when others around have 2 or 3 basket fulls of higher-end snacks, steaks, soda, etc. then they whip out "the card" (I suppose that it's a little more discreet than food stamps of the past).
Can you use coupons with these things?

And cell phones? When did these become a necessity rather than a discretionary item?

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This really irks me also. My wife comes home from the grocery store fuming mad after standing in line with her one basket of low-cost food when others around have 2 or 3 basket fulls of higher-end snacks, steaks, soda, etc. then they whip out "the card" (I suppose that it's a little more discreet than food stamps of the past).
Can you use coupons with these things?

And cell phones? When did these become a necessity rather than a discretionary item?

Well we can't let them feel bad for using "the card", they probably have other emotional issues that prevent them from working a regular job with regular hours....

Cell phones are definitely not a necessity. It pisses me off that I pay what I do for our cell phones when they can go out and get a cell phone for almost nothing. There are still pay phones all over town, just give them a few dollars in quarters if anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom