Goodbye Shuttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the last mission landed today. Kinda sad to see it go. Had a couple tragedies, but space travel is dangerous business.

They had a 30 year run and those girls were past their prime. Heck, I've got a couple old pontiacs that I'd be leery about taking them cross country much less into orbit if they were capable of leaving ground.

Saw the shuttle on the back of the airliner way back when at Tinker, and remember clearly the first disaster watching it class at school.

Guess it's time for SpaceX or some other private company to take over for a bit until NASA gets something in gear.

Goodbye old girls, you weren't perfect but served us well. Thanks for the duty and memories.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Russians are loving it. They've already claimed the "age of the Soyuz" has started. Thanks to Obama we've gone from the number one in space flight to just above Tanzania.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read that we're 50 years ahead technologically than we would have been without the space program. It's sad to give that up. But we gave up the manufacturing and industrial base that supported things like the space program with tax revenue first, so it was inevitable I suppose.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's all a ruse. Now the Russians will blackmail us for enough money to build a replacement rocket and probably increase the transport fees.

Latest posts

Top Bottom