Is it legal for my son to shoot a Red Rider BB Gun in my backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I fired many BBs in our back yard in OKC as a kid and it wasn't legal but no one can hear it so... I jay walk too sometimes.

This. Not in OKC but pretty much within any city limits you will find rules about discharging firearms and technically BB guns are firearms though I wouldn't think twice about having an airsoft or paintball war in woods right next to my neighborhood.

Even if the police were called and they showed up and saw you and your kid playing paintball or shooting a BB gun at a target in a safe environment they'd probably just ask you to stop and leave.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go buy a few hay bails, stack em up near the fence and have a good time. Just make sure he's only shooting that and nothing else. We did it all the time growing up.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Find a big cardboard box and puy a piece of styrofoam in it. What momma does not know, wont hurt.

disclaimer. I always follow all rules and laws........Just ask me, I will tell you that.

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nonsense. It was probably illegal to shoot air rifles in the city I grew up. We did it anyway. My parents didn't care. Nobody around us cared.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up shooting mine in my backyard too. I have a nice big backyard but live on a busy street and it's pretty easy for the people behind me and to the south of to see into my yard. Also pretty easy to see into the yard when driving by if you look quick. All I need is for some jackass or some gung-ho cop to drive by and see "a kid with a gun" and then I loose my CCL, have to fork over cash for an attorney, etc.

I'm not all that worried about terrorists, slightly concerned about bad guys but the one thing I most definitely live in fear of is my govt.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone is moving to Edmond to "escape" crime and let their kids go to better schools and college, but Glynda Chu, (Edmond PD's spokesperson) is on TV a LOT talking about the newest crime or scam that just occurred in Edmond.

Latest posts

Top Bottom