Pawning a handgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Comte DeLoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure which forum to post this in, hope I chose well.

I need to pawn my handgun and was wondering if anyone here has had experience in doing this? I am only needing money until my paycheck on Thursday, so I will be getting it out quickly. Is there anything special I need to do besides make sure it is empty when taking it in? I have read a lot of good things about King's Pawn in Del City and will try to use them. I don't know of any others in my area that pawn guns.

Never pawn anything, because then you never have any thing decent. its always at the pawn shop, because you needed the money until you got paid.

Deadpool405

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good. I was going to try to convince you to 'sell' it to a friend or coworker with some sort of understanding about buying it back instead.

That's pretty much what I will be doing today to a fellow board member. I am still kind of shocked that someone would be so kind and generous to help me out. I am very thankful for everyone's information and definitely for his help.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well don't be surprised, you will not find a greater bunch of people then on this site. I have a post in Gen. on a Lady In Need, am trying to raise $500 to by her a lift to move her husband(he had a massive stroke) and she weighs 106lbs. We are already down to just needing $325 because of all the GREAT PEOPLE on this site. Every time I see something like this it puts a lump in my throat.

Deadpool405

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well don't be surprised, you will not find a greater bunch of people then on this site. I have a post in Gen. on a Lady In Need, am trying to raise $500 to by her a lift to move her husband(he had a massive stroke) and she weighs 106lbs. We are already down to just needing $325 because of all the GREAT PEOPLE on this site. Every time I see something like this it puts a lump in my throat.

Wow! That is very moving! I am a huge fan of paying it forward, so expect a little more toward that lift once I get paid.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just FYI about pawning a firearm......

Pawn shops rules' differ in regards to pawning/redeeming firearms.
Some places require you to have a trigger lock (or you gotta buy one for them before you pawn it)
Yes you will have to fill out a 4473 to redeem your own gun.
Some places require your phone number in addition to the 4473 to redeem.....or other whacky nonsense like that.
They will claim that it is "the law" and the ATF requires them to obtain it.
I know it sounds ridiculous, but having worked in a pawn shop I can tell you that the local ATF agents in charge of handling pawn shop accounts actually *do* instate such arbitrary "laws" upon any given individual business.

I think it's total bullsh!+ and a complete overstep of their boundaries...but if you ever hear a pawn shop require such ridiculous and trivial measures to buy or redeem a gun...claiming that it's "the law"....don't jump to the conclusion that the pawn shop clerk is a dummy.
It very well be because that's what the local ATF agent told them to do.
And the business owner ain't gonna argue with the ATF...ever.

I'm totally serious about this too....
I pawned a pistol in a west Tulsa shop and after clearing the background check upon redemption they wanted a phone number.
I told them I didn't have a phone.
So basically they refused to release my firearm to me until after I gave them a bunk phone number
...thereby falsifying information.:scratch:

Now my first inclination was to impugn their mental capacity and then attempt to make them cite exactly which "law" I was breaking by not having a phone....
But, after I thought about it, I remember the ATF doing similar stuff at the pawn shop where I worked years ago.....and there really wasn't anything the pawn clerks can do about it.
They are between a rock and a hard place.
So then after attempting to enlighten them of the sheer ridiculousness of this requirement I simply directed my impugnity toward the ATF and went on about my business.
:Heya:

Latest posts

Top Bottom