My dogs got out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dogs dug under the fence this morning and have been missing since. One is a pit bull/? mix, about 1 1/2 years old, 35ish pounds, brown and black brindle, name Ani DiFranco. The other is a husky/? mix, about 2 years old, 40ish pounds, black and white, name Presley. They don't have collars on because they were in my yard(I'm dumb, I know). I live in Del City so if anyone in the area sees them please let me know. Thank you.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stick your dirty underwear up on the top fence post,dirty socks too,if they are near and get hungry if the wind is blowing in their direction this will help them find their way back home if they haven't gone to far or been picked up.
Sounds weird but it works,the stinkier( body odor) the better. Learned that from an old Coon dog handler.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That happened to me early one morning several years ago. Two German Shorthairs. I was drinking my coffee and up drives the dog catcher. Unbeknownst to me my Shorthairs had gotten out and caught someone's cat and killed it in front of the owner who called the city. The dog catcher found my dogs and followed them back to my house. Great buddies, eh? They led him right to me. Cost me a couple of thousand in city fines (leash law) and a law suit over the cat getting killed in front of its owner. Value of the cat to its owner plus emotional damage.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow.

My parents got a couple of tickets for their dogs getting out, so they saved and saved, kept them on chains and finally spend $5,000 on a new privacy fence. The next morning, the dogs had broken out pickets and were out again. Back on the chains they went, until we put up a wireless fence w/radio collar all the way around... 800 feet of wire. I think we're going to have to replace it next spring, which will be another major PITA.

I hate those frigging dogs, especially since one of them bit my son when he was 3. I almost used my .45 in anger on him the next time I saw him and to this day wish he were dead.

TonyRumore

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may want to invest in one of those perimeter wires and shock collar setups. I have the wire around the perimeter of 5 acres and the dogs won't get closer than about 10 feet. You can increase or decrease the standoff distance on the controller.

Tony

KYLE_B

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That happened to me once and I had about $700 in city fines plus about $70 to get it out of the pound. One ticket was for not containing the dog (it dug under the fence), another was for no tags (collar came off when it went under the fence), I don't remember what the third was for. I could have just left her there in the pound and just adopted her later for a lot less but once I found her I couldn't just leave her there. Good luck.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dog dug under the fence a few times, got picked up once and it didnt cost me a dime to get him from the pound. I also adopted him from the pound so he was already neutered and he has his rabies shot up to date they told me no charge i couldn't believe it. I installed an electric fence around my back yard about 4" from the ground and havent had a single problem since.

Latest posts

Top Bottom