2A Shooting Center (OPS)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any limitations on types of ammo you can shoot there? Specifically some of the cheap unjacketed lead, or jacketed bullet with metal core in .45 I'm looking at for cheap target practice.

The wife and I were there Tuesday, holly crap was it packed. Anyways I asked about ammo limitations and they said there are none excluding tracer/explosive.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I were there Tuesday, holly crap was it packed. Anyways I asked about ammo limitations and they said there are none excluding tracer/explosive.

Great thanks, I have been in only once so far and loved it, plan to go back again soon with some of my cheap .45 ammo for some more target shooting and to try out a new shotgun.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I joined on the "Heroes" plan yesterday and my wife and I did some shooting. Of course Eric knows me and had no issues with me drawing from concealment and firing. I think it's going to be important for them to restrict that type of shooting to those with experience or a certification class at the range. Otherwise the shooting positions are going to get torn up quickly. They already have one target runner down due to someone hitting the target holder.

Eric even borrowed my M16 with the suppressed .22lr upper for Gabby to shoot. I'm pretty sure she expects him to get her one now. :D

When do I get to borrow it?!!?

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went for the first time today. Nice place for sure, clean and shooting indoors in that clean air was sure nice. Only thing I wish was some extended walls to catch the flying brass but sometimes distractions are good for practice.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much is a membership?

I also have this question.

I've seen people mention shooting rifle there, I am guessing rifle ammunition is OK then? Is there a caliber restriction/limit?

Do they make you buy their ammo to shoot there or can you bring your own? Are you allowed to pick up your brass if you wanted to?

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also have this question.

I've seen people mention shooting rifle there, I am guessing rifle ammunition is OK then? Is there a caliber restriction/limit?

Do they make you buy their ammo to shoot there or can you bring your own? Are you allowed to pick up your brass if you wanted to?

I've been a couple times and can answer part of this. You do not have to buy there ammo, you are welcome to bring your own. Also you can either pick up the brass and take it with you or leave it there. They told me just to sweep it forward from the walk way back into the shooting area out of the way if I didn't want to keep it myself, no need to collect it and bring it back to them though!

Latest posts

Top Bottom