Truitt and Son Gunsmithing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is an aging thread, but...
Stay away!

Not only does the Better Business Bureau score him as F, but I found a couple fourms with people having problems getting the work done and getting their guns back.

I fall into both categories. He's terribly hard to get a hold of. One of the posters in the above forums stated he finally contacted BATF to get his gun back. Another said he got the wrong gun back!

His Facebook page has a post from August 12th stating "Due to health concerns and family priorities, we are no longer accepting general repair work."

While that's a reason, it doesn't excuse him for not returning my calls or, better yet, my 100+ year-old family heirloom.

This is all a shame because he's a nice guy who seems to know what he's talking about and the only Winchester-authorized gunsmith in the state (the reason I went to him). His webpage shows that he's done some nice work. But he cannot run a business!

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turns out he doesn't even have his FFL due to issues like I'm having! So he's not even legally allowed to have someone elses gun for over 24 hours and get anything in return for it.
So stay away from this guy.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because I've been posting on OSA instead of calling Winchester to let them know ;-)

This has been pretty recent, is why.

If I'm reading things correctly, he had it in August of this year, but it was listed to expire in July (so... there's a one month grace period of sorts before they remove from the monthly lists??).
He's not on the September list.
There's no record of "new" and "removed," though.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i think i went there once, way west side of mustang, back north off 152 a mile or2 then east or west then south a short distance then west. they gave me really messed up directions. went in the front door, the family said they did not know if he was there or not. just go on out back & see, after all this i did not leave my gun

ShadowWarrior

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know for a fact if you send a demand letter or threaten legal action, he will do something! I have a friend that gave Truitt a try and had the same problem. He sent the letter and soon picked up his firearm. Truitt in the past was sending firearms to someone in Texas for repairs that was above his skills.

Latest posts

Top Bottom