Need some dimensions off an M1 Carbine please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got an old Iver Johnson (Erma) .22LR M1 carbine clone.

It's got a few missing and broken parts and I need some dimensions to compare to this in an effort to see if some parts from a real M1 would fit.

I need the outside diameter of the barrel at or near the front sight. I also need the length of the hand guard. The width of the handguard at the rear end would be really helpful too.

I'm hoping to refurbish this gun some day.

Thanks in advance.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. This one is missing the upper hand guard and the magazine. The front sight is also broken. Amazingly the thing has most of the rear sight. Sadly this is in very ugly shape.

Yes, I do have the barrel band.

Since I'd like to learn gunsmithing this makes a great candidate to get some experience on.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Directly in front of front sight--------------------.5780 another was .5790 and another was .5785 so I'd imagine they were allowed a little tolerance considering how many were produced in such a short time.
Length of handguard ----------------------------8.40 counting metal tang
Width of handguard @ most rear section------1.7785
The handguard is a WWII Q-RMC but I don't believe it's been sanded on.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr. Moose! You 'da MAN!

I just checked my little .22 and those dimensions jive with what I have here. That means I -will- be able to use original parts to make the repairs I need.

Thanks to all of you. :bowdown: :hyper:

Latest posts

Top Bottom