Huge Owl hanging around my house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a huge owl hanging around my house. I saw it for the first time the other night when I got in the pool. It was sitting in a lower branch just staring at me. Last night I went for a swim and there it was again. It hoots in the night. I always heard that meant someone was going to die, but as many times as I have seen owls, I am beginning to think they are my totem. Maybe I'll offer him a tootsie roll sucker.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Owls are cool. I have some that nest in the creek line just to the west of my house, though I don't see them much anymore. Still hear them at night, though.

Try to get some pics of him.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I know the legend, something about if it sits outside your house 3 nights or so in a row someone is going to die. We had one in my backyard as a kid in my grandparents house. Also, when I was young I had a baby owl but my Grampa gave it to the DWC biologists.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One.... two.... CRUNCH!!!! Ah-three. Three.

adonnatalarico.files.wordpress.com_2010_03_tootsie_pop_owl.jpg

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a huge owl hanging around my house. I saw it for the first time the other night when I got in the pool. It was sitting in a lower branch just staring at me. Last night I went for a swim and there it was again. It hoots in the night. I always heard that meant someone was going to die, but as many times as I have seen owls, I am beginning to think they are my totem. Maybe I'll offer him a tootsie roll sucker.

You have water in the pool, in the midst of this dry spell? Tsk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom