Huge Owl hanging around my house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What tribe is that legend from?

Timbira. No question.

aimages2.wikia.nocookie.net___cb20110702145955_survivor_images838c8de68a0b8f7acfaa3de6e40a0e52.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few years ago I was bowhunting alone after work one evening in late October. It was one of those cold, grey, fall days and a heavy mist had been falling all day. Scary movie weather, and great hunting weather.

In the final moments of light I was standing up in my tree watching a doe and a couple fawns at the very edge of my vision, trying to see where they were headed. It was absolutely dead quiet; the mist had muffled the normal sounds of the woods and there was not a hint of a breeze. I was focusing solely on the distant deer that I was desperately trying not to lose sight of when a barn owl perched behind me let out that screech that sounds like a cat being strangled. I nearly came out of the damned tree.

Even walking out I knew it was just an owl, but I was still creeped the hell out the entire way back to my truck in the dark.

I have great horned owls at the house and they just do Roger Daltrey impressions.

cyberslider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have owls out here too. Last summer I saw one about 50 yards from the back of my shop right around dusk. It was diving at the ground from the air. It hit the ground and hopped a couple of times then stopped. Then it flew up on top of a fence rail in the midst of a bunch of trees where there were some mockingbirds nesting. Those mockingbirds went wild, screeching at it, dive bombing it. The owl got tired of that after a short while and took off in flight right toward me. It veered off a bit and went about 10 feet to the left and about 10 feet over my head. Very cool.

Latest posts

Top Bottom