Best Deal on .308 Bulk Ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been considering adding a 7.62x51 rifle to my firearm portfolio. Right now it's between the FAL and M1A. Before I make my purchase, I'm trying to find out the best place to purchase bulk ammo, as well as how much it will cost per 1000 rounds. I've found milsurp (Radway Green) and new stuff (ATI) for around $400/1000rds. Is this typical, or are there better deals out there?

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sgammo, 200 rounds of winchester for 115 bucks

edit same ammo at ammunition to go is 550 per 1000, might be worth it to have the brass to reload if you are into that.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mr Ed- Maybe you need to read the thread again and use some common sense. I own a M1A scout and shoot SP handloads and have had no problems to date. I may switch to some HP GameKings in 165 gr,but I have not experienced any malfunctions. Approx 300 rounds have been run thru the gun so far. The SA weapon is a fine piece and the Army and spec forces seem to agree. Just my .02.

45 shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
Pokem: I don't mean to preach or tell you that the sky is blue, but if you lean towards getting an FAL, do research before buying. I found out (after buying my FAL) that there is a major difference in the quality between various lower receiver designs from different manufacturers. Some are great, some are junk. Generally speaking I like my FAL, but I often wish I had spent a little more and got a gun equipped with a higher quality lower receiver.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't do a lot of shooting with my Springfield Armory M1A Scout (maybe 60-100 rounds per month) so I don't buy bulk ammo. I usually run 168gr OTM American Eagle or Federal 168gr Match through my M1A. Midway just had a pretty decent sale on Federal Match ammo (I have a case on backorder) and Cheaper Than Dirt was selling the American Eagle for about $15 per box. As to shooting soft point bullets, I have shot plenty of 150gr SP Win through my Scout with 100% reliability. My M1A Scout will shoot three shot MOA groups with just about any brand of factory ammo.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom