Best Deal on .308 Bulk Ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the main reasons I switched calibers fro ma 25-06 to the .308 was because of the ammo supply. I've been buying a lot of the 168g Federal Match ammo but I am worried if I buy surplus rounds it could be a dramatic difference. I have a 20" 1:10 barrel in my rifle, what could I expect with lighter bullets?

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have, except for deer season, used surplus South African, Portugese and Australian for plinking and for hog hunting for several years in my standard M1A and my SOCOM 16. Never had any problems in either of those rifles with any ammo.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Pokem: I don't mean to preach or tell you that the sky is blue, but if you lean towards getting an FAL, do research before buying. I found out (after buying my FAL) that there is a major difference in the quality between various lower receiver designs from different manufacturers. Some are great, some are junk. Generally speaking I like my FAL, but I often wish I had spent a little more and got a gun equipped with a higher quality lower receiver.

Did you mean upper receiver? What do you have now?

I never had any probs with Soft Point ammo out of the Fal's. Any ammo for that matter. I wouldn't suggest corrosive by any means.
Just shop the online ammo suppliers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom