Is this an "Accidental Discharge"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, Does this constitute an "Accidental Discharge"?

http://www.azcentral.com/community/chandler/articles/2011/08/07/20110807cr-penisshot0811.html

Police urge holster use after man shoots his own penis

by Laurie Merrill - Aug. 7, 2011 01:42 PM
The Arizona Republic

As Chandler residents Joshua Seto, 27, and his fiancée, Cara Christopher, walked over to a Fry's Food Store for refreshments, he tried securing her pink handgun in the front waistband of his pants.

The gun fired, striking Seto's penis and continuing through his left thigh. The bleeding started immediately and was heavy, according to police dispatch recordings released Sunday.

"He is still conscious, there is just a lot of blood," Christopher , 26, told 9-1-1 operators and dispatchers.

One operator told Christopher to apply direct pressure to the wound with a dry towel or T-shirt, but to avoid looking at the wound.

"I did look at it," Christopher said. "It's pretty bad."

The accidental shooting took place about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday on the 900 block of W. Elliot Road.

When the emergency call first went through, Chrisopher was asked if they needed paramedics, she said yes.

"He's still coherent and everything but he's bleeding quite a lot," she said.

In the wake the accident, police are warning armed residents to use holsters, not waistbands.

The movies and TV shows, like Sons of Anarchy, that show tough guys with guns shoved into their jeans are not realistic, Chandler Police Detective Seth Tyler said Sunday.

The cops and robbers of the silver screen most likely use rubber weapons, which weigh far less than the real things, Tyler said.

"Whenever you handle a firearm, whether you are a novice or experienced, always treat firearms as though they are loaded, said Tyler, a spokesman for the department. "If you are going to carry a handgun on your person, use a holster, not your waistband."

Meanwhile, it is not clear if Seto has been released from the hospital or suffered any permanent damage, Tyler said.

"He is recovering," Tyler said.

He may possibly face charges, too, Tyler said. "The case agent is still determining that," Tyler said Sunday.

Tyler was unsure of the type of gun, or whether it had a safety that was off.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me any. I carry both ways depending on my attire and its concealability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom