Sippin' Tequila

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So all this talk about bourbon, scotch, and other fine imbibitions got me wanting to explore the words of spirits a bit. I enjoy beer every so often (especially when it is hot and/or I am outdoors), but I usually drink exclusively bourbon, with an occasional Tennessee or Rye in there. I don't care for scotch, Irish, or Canadian whiskeys. And when it comes to bourbon, I am not picky but prefer Bulleit and Blanton's.

But I also have a love for Mexican cuisine. I mean seriously... I could watch the creepy Rick Bayless cooking on his show all day, stopping only for a couple trips to a taco truck for sustenance. So I figured... what is the spirit (literally) of Mexico? Why tequila, of course!

So I can drink a margarita, and handle a shot, but those aren't really my fare at the bar (see above). But I know there are some good Tequilas out there worthy of sippin' on like the finest of whiskeys. So I went to my favorite supplier of sinful solutions, and talked to the friendly elder gentleman who is always good to give me an honest recommendation.

I picked up a fifth of Hornitos Añejo, and it's pretty good. Reminds me of a rye, very spicey with a pronounced black pepper flavor. It really it more like a good whiskey than the cheap swill tequila we all know too well. This stuff is no Don Julio 1942, but I wanted to ease into things budget-wise, and think it's a pretty good start.

So OSA, any of you enjoy a fine tequila? Do you have any recommendations? Not to worry - I won't be nickel plating my .45 nor will I be blasting norteño music out of my truck. But Mexico has some damn fine culinary traditions, and along with that is a really good, often misunderstood, spirit: Tequila.

:drunk5:

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We only drink Blanco but we like 1921, it is very smooth but still kinda hard to find in OKC and Don Julio. I have gotten some home brew from some Mexican friends and that stuff was great!

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had Cabo to Hussong's to Patron.

I keep coming back to this brand when I drink tequila. El Jimador. ***Remember, always look for the label 100% agave**

awww.blogcdn.com_www.luxist.com_media_2009_10_eljimador.jpg

Smoooooooth brother, smooth!!!

Now Mezcal......Oh yeah!! When I drink "Mexican" shots and even in Maragritas...I like Mezcal. Love that smoky flavor!!
Mezcal gets me going better than a "June bride on a feather bed"!!!
[Broken External Image]

Dos Gusanos!!! Viva La Mexico!!!

Cohiba

Latest posts

Top Bottom