Remington 887 vs. Benelli Nova

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the market for my first shotty. It will be used primarily for dove,qual,pheasant(etc.) and hopefully some duck. I have heard the horror stories of the early model 887's and how they werent of the highest quality. Do any of you all own one or both of these guns and what do you all think about them?

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Benelli Nova hands down. Has a recoil reduction system which is added comfort shooting 3 1/2's and has a shell stop button that allows you to eject a hull if you want without autoloading the next one. It's a nice feature to have.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Nova is the best pump made in my opinion. It's amazing how much better I shot once I switched from an 870 to a Nova. I've never had any shooting experience with the 887 though.

hunterman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had great luck with the nova I had but I have herd great thing about that 887 from friends. I would get what ever thows up nice and is comfortable for you.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Nova for my first shotty when I was in high school. It was also the first year they came out and I wanted a Benelli and it was the only one I could afford :)

A few things about it.... TOUGH!!! I can't stress enough about how I've beat the living crap out of mine and it still looks good and functions flawlessly. Im serious, I've used for everything from shooting, as a hammer to a makeshift boat paddle.
Easy Easy to clean, like stated above you can totally disassemble the gun in about 20 seconds.

Now with that said it is heavy and I don't think it shoulders well. It's not my favorite shotty but for a pump and for the price you can't go wrong and I'd buy another in a heart beat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom