ATF Compliance Inspection. What to expect?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, ATF is going to inspect me next week.

Not too worried, but I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row.

I only do special order and personal transfers, so I don’t keep inventory.

Just wondering from anyone that has gone through this before if they have any comments or suggestions for a smooth inspection.

Bound book looks OK (to me). Forms look OK (to me).

Anyone know what else they will be looking for? Or at?

Dave

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just make sure to wear your Obama t shirt and everything will be ok. OH... and give them the secret handshake when you greet them.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just make sure to wear your Obama t shirt and everything will be ok. OH... and give them the secret handshake when you greet them.

And by "secret handshake" he means cupping their balls while staring into their eyes inches away and slowly whispering "Resistance is futile."

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And by "secret handshake" he means cupping their balls while staring into their eyes inches away and slowly whispering "Resistance is futile."

Great... now that you gave it away EVERYONE will be using it and we won't have any way to tell who's who.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great... now that you gave it away EVERYONE will be using it and we won't have any way to tell who's who.

It was getting old and we need a new handshake anyways. It was getting to the point where people were coming up to do the secret handshake even in times when it was not needed and sometimes in public. Half the time they wouldn't even say "Resistance is futile." Maybe the new handshake should be a pat on the arse with a "Yes we can" followed by a wink and a smile.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make sure you have a way to lock up the guns.
Safe, cable lock, Safe room, doesn't matter as long as you have a way to secure them.
Your inspector will give you the newest book, poster to display and a bunch of youth safety pamplets to hand out with each handgun.
you will be instructed to sign up for background checks and to order enough 4473 forms for a year (I started out with 50 but have had to order another 100) and you need to make sure you have a few locks you can get your hands on because every handgun that leaves your place must have a lock, not a problem with new guns but no one ever sends a lock with a used gun in a transfer and you will have to supply one.
Thats about all but they will tell you everything I just told you.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was getting old and we need a new handshake anyways. It was getting to the point where people were coming up to do the secret handshake even in times when it was not needed and sometimes in public. Half the time they wouldn't even say "Resistance is futile." Maybe the new handshake should be a pat on the arse with a "Yes we can" followed by a wink and a smile.

Can't be... you just gave the potential new one away.

Besides, that's already Purplehaze's secret "I like you, wink wink" handshake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom