Powder Dispenser? RCBS, Hornady, etc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you guys use and why?

I've got all RCBS stuff and thinking of buying the dispenser, but not sure it's worth the extra cash.

I've found one for $300 w/a $50 rebate.

What do you think?

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have several different types from a Pact electronic power and scale system that does an awesome job to a RCBS competition power thrower, it will get you within a grain or so then I use the beam scale to get it right on the money. It all depends in what you feel like using.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run the Chargemaster and have had no problems with it. I do recommend you look into reprogramming it as you can speed it up significantly and still keep accuracy. I have never weighed the charges on a nice digital scale but if I was that worried about charges being exact I might look into this.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a novice reloader. In the time I've spent talking to experienced reloaders and reading about reloading, I've learned that electronic powder dispensers aren't necessarily better than a manual volumetric dispenser. In some cases EPD can be problematic. Anyway, its just someting to consider.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the big Lyman 1200 DPS2 and use it for all my magnum rifle stuff, lots easier to get the large charges of long grain owder with it than with a typical powder measure.
I do use a RCBS Uniflow for most everything else I do in manual mode. When doing dillon stuff, I use the dillon powder measures.. Blitzfike

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I use the Hornady loc n load dispenser and scale. I really like it. If you are working up loads and have several different charges it sames lots of time. If you already have your load and you're just loading a bunch with the same charge it will slow you down. A regular powder drop will be much faster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom