2011 Federal Budget Breakdown - Where the money really goes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The small amount of foreign aid is good to point out. People holler loudly about it but in the big picture it is minor and often the way that we come by needed overseas military bases.

Big message of the graphic is the enormous amount going to entitlements: Medicare, "Income Security" and Social Security. I know that someone will be along shortly to remind me that Social Security is not an entitlement and is owed to them based on what they paid in. I've got bad news - the politicians spent it on something else and now the money is not there so it is in effect unaffordable for the nation. Time to scale back all entitlements - we are broke.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The small amount of foreign aid is good to point out. People holler loudly about it but in the big picture it is minor and often the way that we come by needed overseas military bases.

Big message of the graphic is the enormous amount going to entitlements: Medicare, "Income Security" and Social Security. I know that someone will be along shortly to remind me that Social Security is not an entitlement and is owed to them based on what they paid in. I've got bad news - the politicians spent it on something else and now the money is not there so it is in effect unaffordable for the nation. Time to scale back all entitlements - we are broke.

Indeed. People do holler about things that really don't make much difference.

Almost $2 trillion of a $3.69 trillion budget goes to just 3 things - military, social security and medicare. That's a lot of cash; I barely even comprehend what a trillion is.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I barely even comprehend what a trillion is.

Maybe this can put it in perspective for you:

[Broken External Image]

aprevarication.net_wp_content_uploads_2009_11_12_trillion.png

Or this:

View attachment awww.missourah.com_wp_content_uploads_2009_08_TRILLION.bmp_.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom