1000 Yard Shooting near Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to get into F-Class TR shooting. Where can I practice? I've read that Red Castle has a range but that it's only open a couple of times a year. I'm currently a member of USSA but they only go out to 300.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Practice at Red Castle on 600 yard reduced targets or even 300 yard reduced targets. They still have a couple of 600 yard and one 1000 yard match for this year I think and you can go out anytime and practice at 3 or 6 by yourself even if you want to. Bring someone to pull the target with you and a couple of walkie talkies and you're even in better business.

Don't know what your experience level is, but shooting 1000 is just part of the game and wind is the primary difference between 600 and up. Obviously that needs to be practiced too, but your results adjusting for wind will also be determined by how well you can hold besides that.

Ps. You guys know we have two F Class USA Team members right here in Oklahoma don't you? OH AND a US Plama Team member.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't know that, thanks

Do they conduct training haha? I've never shot past 300 so I have a lot to learn and a lot of gear to buy. Just wondering what my options are. Thanks again

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
You and me both!

I have a hankering to try this also. And like you, I have nowhere to shoot long range, or anyone to shoot with. A couple members (HMFIC above was one of them) expressed interest in hitting a range together... jut gotta find a place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom