Help my kids with Hogs at Heyburn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenksshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Folks, I know, no one likes giving up thier hunting spots, but hopefully I can get a little charity here. I have lived in OK for 5 years (moved from PA) and my kids are now starting to get into hunting. I want to take them hog hunting. I have heard there are some in the Heyburn lake area, so I would like to give that a try. I was wondering if someone at least could give me general guidance to improve our odds. Over the past year or two I have struggled with getting their excitment up on hunting because half the time I am just feeling my way around because I am not a native. They hate that part of it. No one where I work hunts, so I don't have much in the way of connections to get info. Any help you can give would be great. I have been doing alot of work on my own Deer scouting to hopefully help them hook up with Deer this year, but I haven't had much time left over to get hog scouting done. This is a sincere request. I have 11 & 16 year old boys at home and a 14 year old daughter and I just want to ensure they start to see something when we go, or I feel they may not continue on with it.

In PA it was a little easier, tripped on Deer almost everywhere you went. Hogs are new to me.

I would be most greatful for any tid bits I can get.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buying a canned hunt just may be your best option. The problem with free rangers is they are just that, they're hard to predict and they don't stick to one place too terribly long unless there's a good food source. I'll bet there aren't too many of us that have a honey hole for hogs on public land, they just get out and beat the brush and see what runs out the other side.

Latest posts

Top Bottom