okc water or my pipes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so have a house that was built in 50 something. maybe earlier. in hte kitchen, when i turn the sink on after it has been sitting awhile, the water initially coming out almost smells/tastes like mildew. not quite mildew, but that s the best way i can describe it. anyone have any insight? rusty pipes? methane? **** in my water from the treatment plant?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember my years living in Norman, it was always like that this time of year due to the weather and the water supply (Dirty Bird). When I lived in Moore, I had a water filter so I can't comment.

Since OKC uses reservoirs, could it be similar? Or is this specific to your home?

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's probably musty, off-flavor compounds put out by algae in the water supply reservoir. People also talk about lakes turning-over this time of year. Either way it's a problem at the source. I'd bet your neighbors and everyone else on the same water supply system have the same problem.

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ya i guess i should talk to the neighbors. just moved in recently, and noone has brought me any brownies yet. guess i am asking too much.

its been going on all summer, so i dont assume that it is the lake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom