Enfield Bolt question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I got a complete new no.1 mkIII bolt for my enfield. I had it headspaced and its on the excessive side, closes on the field gage. Well my question is: Do all enfield bolt heads headspace differently?

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What size bolt head is do you have?

should be the standard size bolt head. I know there is a 1,2, and 3 length i'm just having trouble finding one. Then the guy i talked to at springfield sporters said they didnt do the diff size bolt heads on the no.1 MKIII enfields. And numrich doesnt differentiate bolt head size on their website.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True they didn't have marked heads, but they were different sizes; have to measure them.
Enfield actions tend to stretch anyhow - and you might not be able to find one that fits; you can try headspace off shoulder when reloading, or you can turn the barrel in one turn and rechamber it.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you try contacting David Sandlin (aka The Enfieldman)? He's the vendor at the Wannemacher shows with with all the Enfield rifles and parts. I posted his contact info in your photo thread when you first mentioned needing the bolt head.

Latest posts

Top Bottom