Anyone know how to fix lcd/led tvs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOSfed98z

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Samsung (model number un46b6000vf) that a friend of mine gave me, but it's having trouble, and I have no clue whats wrong.

We had to fix the VESA mounts and when we got it back together it had a vertical yellow line on the screen just to the left of center. We messed with all the connections to make sure they were all connected good, and they were. As we tried to figure out what was wrong the problem got worse and now the screen will work but it is really messed up now.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it, if not I'm just not going to mess with it and throw it away.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have experience with laptop LCDs which may be similar (no tv experience), but it sounds like their is a pin/wire short in the harness that typically runs from the graphics processor chip to the actual screen.

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have experience with laptop LCDs which may be similar (no tv experience), but it sounds like their is a pin/wire short in the harness that typically runs from the graphics processor chip to the actual screen.

Thats what it sounds like to me too... id start googling for the mainboard with harnesses... I picked a 32 inch lcd out of the garbage a couple of months ago, turned it on and smoke came barrelling out. Total cost to fix? 15 dollars in capacitors (I bought 6, but i only needed 2)...

Don't throw it away if you can't fix it, give it to me! :D

ETA: check out this site... I don't know what a mainboard will cost you, but that's what you need.

http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/3roq3-samsung-led-tv-m-xxxxx-multi-colored-vertical.html

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Badger, I have an older 32" CRT Trinitron and 42" Samsung DLP if you want to haul them off. Seriously. PM me if you're interested.

Latest posts

Top Bottom