Possible New Record Non-Typical?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had been hearing about this buck and saw a picture last week but I got a copy today. This was shot opening weekend over by Yale, OK. Don't know any more particulars except score is supposed to be in the 230s.
[Broken External Image]

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems to be a few potential reccord buck pics floating around every year. Most either don't approach the record, or are from somewhere else it seems. Oklahoma non-typical record (gun) is 248 6/8; I forget what the largest with a bow is. Be interesting to hear the backstory on this one.

Oh, and there is a guy that could use my hunting picture advice. A once in a lifetime buck like that and no nice field photo? C'mon.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ridge, I agree, no field shot?

Holy crap, Dennis agrees with me on my hunting pic stance. And after all the crap he gave me for it!

No field pic=a poached deer majority of the time, jmho.

Not really. I know far too many people that have legit, awesome bucks and the only pic they have of it is lying bloody in the back of a dirty truck bed. I made a thread on here last year encouraging people to take nice field pics, but it was not well received. People seem to have some type of emotional bond to deer pics on bloody tailgates and they weren't taking kindly to the idea that there is a better way. :D

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I killed one like that it would have sure had some nice field pics. I wish I had found mine last year to get pics of it instead of just pics with a head. That always does look suspicious.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was my first reaction when I saw the picture. Even for the dinks I shoot I try to get a nice backdrop and decent pic, not in the truck bed. I thought of you yesterday when I was posing with mine ridgehunter, I cleaned him up all purdy like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom