Sooner State Pawn Oklahoma Second Amendment Association 2A Shooting Center Harsh Firearms Fat Boy Tactical

Default Walther PPKS made in Germany

Says 9mm but it's a 380 acp.

On left rail it says "Carl Walther Waffenfabrik Ulm/Do. PPKS Cal 9mm kurz Made in West Germany"

On right rail it says, "Interarms Alexandria Virginia"

Serial number is 247XXX

Gun is in very good condition. No wearing on the finish, there is one piece of slight rust, but it appears thin enough to be easily removed. Has decocking safety device.

Let me know if you need better pictures or have any questions.

Asking $550, FTF in OKC area.

Last edited by BigTexOK; 10-15-2011 at 07:42 PM.

Default Re: Walther PPKS made in Germany

Was this pistol sold or a war prize? Also I think the PPKS did not come about till 1968.

I've got a letter/bill of sale dated in 27 May, 1958. This is when my grandfather purchased it. Bill of sale calls it a war trophy, but to be honest I don't buy it. The gun says "Made in West Germany"...there was no west Germany until after the war.

But my grandad remembers buying it from this military person in 1958, so the gun is at least that old.

I'd be happy to scan the bill of sale if someone would like to see it. If I thought it were actually a war trophy I wouldn't sell it.

FYI - 9mm Kurz IS .380

Germany and Berlin didn't separate until 1949, so not sure what 'War Prize' it could be...

Date of production should be on the barrel at the ejection port in front of the antler and crown over n.

Quote Originally Posted by Okvet03 View Post
    Date of production should be on the barrel at the ejection port in front of the antler and crown over n.
    No dates on the barrel.

Walther manufactured the PPK/S in response to the US GCA of 1968. This gun did not exist in 1958. The receipt is either misdated or may have been to another Walther. Impossible for this to be a WW2 war trophy. As OKC said, 9mm kurz is .380. Kurz means short in German. 380 Berettas sometimes say 9mm Corto. Same thing. Just the European way of saying 380.

German PPK and PPK/S pistols typically have a better trigger pull than the ones manufactured in America.

Ok, gotcha. Thanks for the info.

There wasn't another Walther in the group of guns I inherited and this bill of sale was tucked in to the holster of this one. Must have been a mistake in my grandfathers memory, which is definitely possible.

I think it may be a PPK.
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything; really helps when you get old.

It says PPKS on the barrel.

Then, it's a PPKS. However, I always thought that PPKS's didn't come out until sometime in the 60's. Guess I was wrong.

Sorry for interrupting your classified. PPK or PPKS, both are fine pistols.
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything; really helps when you get old.

Yes it is a PPKs. And no the s does not stand for stainless. PPK has shorter grip with no exposed back strap.

Not interrupting at all.

I'm really not familiar with the Walthers so I can definitely be wrong. I appreciate any info or comments or suggestions. In fact, I think it has been proven in this thread that the bill of sale from the 50's isn't for this gun. I need to take that out and will do.

When I looked a little closer I saw the crown and antler on the side of the frame. Is there a two letter date code starting with a G,H,I OR K on the pistol?

Nope, no numbers on the gun outside of the serial number. When you said it was on the barrel I even took the gun apart looking, no luck.

Gun is sold, guy I had done a transaction with here in the past bought this one and the three others I was going to list today. Thanks to all for the responses and comments.