Do You Celebrate Halloween

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you celebrate Halloween?

• Of course, it's a lot of fun.

Votes: 70 68.0%
  • No! It's the Devil's Holiday!

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Yes, but at a church event.

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Burn that Devil loving JB Books at the stake!

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
My sister-in-law is extremely religious and won't let my nephews celebrate Halloween. I found this out when I asked my nephew what he was going to dress up as. His response made me want to vomit, "I can't dress up for Halloween because Jesus will get mad at me." Oh yeah, she doesn't let them believe in Santa Claus either.

My view is life is hard enough. Let kids be kids. Soon enough they'll grow up and experience the misery and pain and BS life inflicts on us all on a daily basis. Don't rob them of their childhood. Of course, we don't have any kids, so what the hell do I know?

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my old hood, the whole street done up their houses. We made mazes every year. It does not have to be evil. It can be a night for kids to have fun. We had kids from all over town that came to our street, because it had gained a reputation over the years. We would go through about $150 of candy on that one night.
Here in Yukon where I live now, my street is more like what you talk of. We don't have many kids that show up, because they know our street sucks. I still have all kinds of things. Strobe lights, smoke machine, black lights. Funny thing is that I donated a strobe light and smoke machine to my church..lol

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted burn that dadgum Books, but that had nothing to do with halloween. I dont think its evil or the devil or noneof tat ....crappola.....slap the snot outta that S i l and take those kids to get some candy.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do I celebrate Halloween?

This is me dressed to give out candy:

i52.tinypic.com_2v0cs9c.jpg

This is my wife:

i51.tinypic.com_v2tnci.jpg

In the background you can see some of our decorations.

We are "THAT" house in the neighborhood. Smoke machines, strobe lights, chainsaw, spiders. All to give out candy.
Didn't get to do it last year and had phone calls and text message from people wonder what was wrong.
Nothing was wrong, I had the chance to take my (then) 5 year old grandson on his first real "trick or treat". Wouldn't have missed it for anything.

Belinda and I enjoy it. We scare the heck out of kids every year. Two years ago we had over 400 kids come by.

To my mind, Halloween is one of the pure "child" events/holidays. It is all about the kids and memories. I still remember going on my first trick or treat with my Dad when I was 4.

I hate that some people pervert it into a "devil's" holiday or "devil's" event.

And as a dentist, I DON'T hand out toothbrushes and business cards. I think that is a bit lame. And I don't do "Candy Buybacks". Let the kids have fun.

You are right. The pure joy of childhood passes too quickly.

I had two of my grandsons here at the house for the last two weeks. We carved pumpkins, played with playdough, watched movies, went for ice cream. I had some amazing days with them, and they were just being kids.

Dave

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do I celebrate Halloween?

This is me dressed to give out candy:

i52.tinypic.com_2v0cs9c.jpg

This is my wife:

i51.tinypic.com_v2tnci.jpg

In the background you can see some of our decorations.

We are "THAT" house in the neighborhood. Smoke machines, strobe lights, chainsaw, spiders. All to give out candy.
Didn't get to do it last year and had phone calls and text message from people wonder what was wrong.
Nothing was wrong, I had the chance to take my (then) 5 year old grandson on his first real "trick or treat". Wouldn't have missed it for anything.

Belinda and I enjoy it. We scare the heck out of kids every year. Two years ago we had over 400 kids come by.

To my mind, Halloween is one of the pure "child" events/holidays. It is all about the kids and memories. I still remember going on my first trick or treat with my Dad when I was 4.

I hate that some people pervert it into a "devil's" holiday or "devil's" event.

And as a dentist, I DON'T hand out toothbrushes and business cards. I think that is a bit lame. And I don't do "Candy Buybacks". Let the kids have fun.

You are right. The pure joy of childhood passes too quickly.

I had two of my grandsons here at the house for the last two weeks. We carved pumpkins, played with playdough, watched movies, went for ice cream. I had some amazing days with them, and they were just being kids.

Dave
You would have fit right in on my old street..lol

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't oppose the idea of dressing up and having fun, but I disagree with letting little kids dress up like devils and demons, things which are inherently evil. Why would you want your child to dress up like that? My idea of "fun" is also more along the lines of apple bobbing and hay rides, not toilet papering and egging someone's house. The history of halloween also has enough pagan and occult to it to justify not "celebrating" it.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The history of halloween also has enough pagan and occult to it to justify not "celebrating" it.

Behind every Christian holiday is a pagan holiday. Halloween is just one they neglected to reallocate.

I love it - little demons, devils, and all. I agree with J.B. - let the kids have a good time. They'll grow up soon enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom