Paint Curing Oven....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright, I decided a month or so back that I would like to mess with Cerakote, KG 3400, and a few of the other spray and bake finishes. Since I don't really want to use my kitchen oven, I thought a "paint curing oven" would be a fun project. With the help of my wife's dad, this is what I came up with. It did take several hours to complete and still has a few minor things that I want to add, but it's usable. I also got my vertical compressor ready to go and now just need to find a mid-size blasting cabinet. I may go with the stand-alone Harbor Freight model, but am hoping I will luck into something. Let me know what you think and feel free to ask questions or make recommendations.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

i1131.photobucket.com_albums_m553_bsmith918_IMG_0162.jpg

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's really no need for a fan in the bottom with the heat constantly rising. It holds a very constant temperature up to 400. I used a PID, type J thermocouple, rigid foam board insulation, 10 gun safe, 8" 1300W oven element, and high temp silicone.

JTA

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I really like what you did. I wish I had the space to try something like that, but alas my place is far too small. I saw plans for a similar home built curing oven using the Stack-On Gun safe. The plans did not show any actual builds or finished products, but your looks very nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom