New Oklahoma Firearms Laws for 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figured since it's November 1, and I didn't see the post, I should post it.

Five new firearms laws went into effect today.

Expansion of use of deadly force in a place of business (arguably unnecessary, but more clarity is generally better when it comes to the law)

Authorization for federal attorneys to carry

Authorization for retired district attorneys to carry

Another charge to stack in an illegal firearm transfer (Oklahoma <3 Charge Stacking)

Authorization to leave firearms in vehicles in technology center parking lots (My personal favorite step that was taken in the right direction)

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So is this part of the Parking lot Expasnion bill?
"B. For purposes of paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically excludes the following property:

1. Any property set aside for the use or parking of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority;"

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"B. For purposes of paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically excludes the following property:

1. Any property set aside for the use or parking of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority;"

The "or parking" was just a clarification of "use".

Reading Oklahoma legislation 101: Underlined means added, stricken means removed, no decoration means it was already there.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was so glad to see the first roll in. I can now park right next to my door and leave my pistol in the truck.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

As much as I like the language, I'm afraid the last bit "...or federal governmental authority" might create trouble. The State can't override the Feds. Everything else is cool, though.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As much as I like the language, I'm afraid the last bit "...or federal governmental authority" might create trouble. The State can't override the Feds. Everything else is cool, though.

All it's saying is that it won't cost you anything with the State. If the feds want to push it, that's between you and the feds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom