Ruger SR 1911 Frustration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that I'm finally in a financial position to acquire my first 1911, I can't find it anywhere! I've read some great reviews concerning the Ruger SR1911 and have wanted one ever since they came out.

Does anyone know where I might locate one in Oklahoma or online? Sports World told me the waiting list was about 6 months. I guess I could get on the list and get something else to hold me over. I was really hoping to pick up my 1911 in 2011.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Problem is..... Ruger builds a better 1911.

Really? I thought you had a low opinion of both Remington and Ruger's 1911. I always put a lot into what you have to say about the 1911 world in general man. What makes Ruger's 1911 so much better than other failed attempts at a cheaper version?

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The SR 1911 is worth the wait. I don't have a lot of experience with 1911's but I shopped around a lot and the Ruger was definetely a great purchase. I'm partial to Ruger but it really is a GREAT pistol.

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can find one online on gunbroker or you could about two weeks ago. For the money I would buy a sig 1911 I have two sigs and a kimber and the sig is much better

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really? I thought you had a low opinion of both Remington and Ruger's 1911. I always put a lot into what you have to say about the 1911 world in general man. What makes Ruger's 1911 so much better than other failed attempts at a cheaper version?

I don't have a low opinion of Remmys, I would just prefer springfield for the money because of forgings and no FPS. Rugers seem to be one of the better deals going as much as I was skeptical of them doing a 1911. They did it right IMO due to good castings, no BS FPS, and the fitting of every one I've held is just plain better than a S&W, whom build a decent 1911 but can't seem to figure out how to fit a grip safety. One thing to consider with S&Ws is that their external extractors are poorly designed, they sit too high on the rim. S&W says it's not a problem but fitted their new E-series and PC guns with taller extractors that allow for more displacement on the rim.

Anyway, seems as if these SR1911s are really good guns. Haven't shot one but like I said, everyone I've held was really well fitted for a $600 1911.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=317162&highlight=Ruger+review
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=115158

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I don't have a low opinion of Remmys, I would just prefer springfield for the money because of forgings and no FPS. Rugers seem to be one of the better deals going as much as I was skeptical of them doing a 1911. They did it right IMO due to good castings, no BS FPS, and the fitting of every one I've held is just plain better than a S&W, whom build a decent 1911 but can't seem to figure out how to fit a grip safety. One thing to consider with S&Ws is that their external extractors are poorly designed, they sit too high on the rim. S&W says it's not a problem but fitted their new E-series and PC guns with taller extractors that allow for more displacement on the rim.

Anyway, seems as if these SR1911s are really good guns. Haven't shot one but like I said, everyone I've held was really well fitted for a $600 1911.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=317162&highlight=Ruger+review
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=115158

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate all the debate about the merits of Ruger's 1911. But, I'm past debating the pros and cons of the SR1911 compared to the Springfields, S&Ws, etc. I want the Ruger. My problem is finding one in Tulsa, or anywhere Oklahoma for that matter. I've seen the ones on Gunbroker for $800+. I've seen posts in a number of other forums of guys finding them in their LGSs for $600-$650. Surely there is someone or some place in Oklahoma that can get this gun at that price point!

My question is, and pardon me if I come across as extremely perturbed (but I am), where can I find an SR1911 in the Sooner State?

Latest posts

Top Bottom